Friday, April 8, 2011

FROM ALASKA

AN EMAIL CAME from Susan earlier this week:


If I had a blog I would blog about this moose.  I was at Ryan's over the weekend visiting with him and Jaimee. Jaimee noticed the moose first walking past the window then stopping.  He must have just stepped over the fence.  He was really checking us out checking him out.  Avi the dog wanting to bark at it but obeyed when Ryan told her to hush.  Ryan lives in a typical neighborhood, with apartments and houses.  One would think this was out in the woods.  








I'm not sure how well I'd handle this if it happened to me. But then, when Ryan was just a slip of a lad, he could identify and name a moose before he could recognize a cow. Having moved to Alaska when he was 2, he's nearly a native son.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing! So now I see what my mother was referring to when she called me, "ya big moose!" Gee, thanks, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy wrote:

    Wow - eyeball to eyeball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning pictures. Impossible to predict what will appear when I open this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ted, I'd like to think that that's what keeps you coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome pictures.... Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! That's pretty darned close. Amazing! Hahaaaa.

    ReplyDelete