Friday, September 2, 2011

CREATURES

ANIMALS ARE OKAY, but generally I prefer interacting with people. Mr. Bob, however, loves animals. So I suggested he attend the entertainment downstairs yesterday........"The Nature of Wildworks". A lady came and talked about the animals she'd brought along with her. At one time she worked for the Los Angeles Zoo until they closed the Animal Show. So she took the animals and went out on her own.





Mr. Bob sat right in the front row and aimed his camera. I suspect it was the best thing that's happened to him since he went into the hospital before Memorial Day weekend.

He could have a pet at the Manor if he so wished and I think a little dog would be perfect for him, but he's threatened to leave me (where would he go, I wonder?) if I presented him with one. A bird, a dog and two cats live on the premises with residents. I think the limit is 23 pounds.



But Mr. Bob doesn't like the idea of walking a dog with plastic bags in his pocket so he'll just need to live vicariously through programs such as the one presented yesterday.


Meanwhile I was upstairs knitting away. That activity really is soothing to my soul so long as I don't drop any stitches.






Brother Frank referred me to this owl link.


Tell us.......are you an animal lover? Do you have a pet?






God made all the creatures and gave them our love and our fear,
To give sign, we and they are His children,                  one family here.

                                                    ~Robert Browning



6 comments:

  1. Great post Jane. I love wild life, I'm sure my sister Shelley really enjoyed these pictures too(lol NOT).
    Say hi to Uncle Bob and all of the family.
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaaa--it's good he can enjoy them vicariously. I could just envision you knitting away upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dogs are as soothing to my soul as my knitting. I guess carrying poop bags is like dropping stitches...a small price to pay.
    I've heard that small dogs can be taught to use litter boxes. Is that idea
    too hideous?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brother Frank,s Owl link was absolutely Fantastic Miss Jane,My favourite Birdy!!!!, I also agree with Mr Bob,s sentiments, about Plastic bags, and Dog walking.
    A Wrinkly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of anything "rodential." Those possums freak me out. That includes (for me) weasels, ferrets, guinea pigs, hamsters, and yes- even rabbits. Birds are always fascinating to watch/read about. Still have my cat, Hobbes. I'm a dog lover, but I don't think I'll get one because I'm not home enough.
    ~MJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!! I really didn't care for the slithery one, but the birds were wonderful! Great for Mr. Bob!!!

    ReplyDelete