Wednesday, February 9, 2011

THE MANY FACES OF MR. BOB














CONVERSATION isn't his strong point. This man of mine doesn't always share what's going on in his head, so I have to read the signs. Of course, I don't always interpret his moods correctly from his facial expressions, but his countenance is a relatively good guide about what I might expect the next time he opens his mouth.

Perhaps he's most buoyant when in the company of waitresses. Mealtimes are some of his happiest hours. He loves teasing those who are serving him. ("Is that de-caf?" as the server pours regular coffee into his cup) I, however, am a tea drinker. Perhaps it's time for another visit to the T-Room in Montrose where he's doubly appreciated.



"I always fear that creation will expire before teatime."  
                                                 ~Sydney Smith


"A man's face is his autobiography.  
A woman's face is her work of fiction."  
                                    ~Oscar Wilde

11 comments:

  1. Not Quite the Real Frank writes

    If and when I grow up, I want to be like Mr. Bob. He is my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quote! Isn’t Oscar Wilde the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots of the Mr. Bob I know. Thank goodness there were no sleeping pics (there was one borderline but I decided he was merely in a reflective mood).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots--I agree--I was expecting a napping pic, but these are all fabulous. He's a good egg, and a very nice man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots of Max !!!!!!
    A Non Y Mouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I could attract chicks like Mr. Bob, my life would be nearly complete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great collection showing so many moods and situations ---love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jane and especially Mr. Bob

    I loved the "Pictures of Bob" sharing and the two quotes were right on

    Thanks for the sharing (yes Bob, I know who you look like)

    Love to you both

    John

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos of Bob!

    Mark Griffith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I give MR MAX an A+ for facial expressions !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. U\I forgot to add the A Non Y mouse above. Sorry

    ReplyDelete