Friday, October 21, 2011

HALLOWE'EN FUN


WHILE WE'RE STRONGLY in favor of tradition, it's kind of fun for each celebration to have a personality of its own. I've not kept a record, so I can't say 1984 was the year we did such-and-such. It would be interesting if we could. 


Am I going to be reading this year on October 31? I doubt it.


Will we be going out to choose pumpkins at our favorite produce stand? No.
Will we be shopping for costumes and decorations? Probably not.


 




Will we
be getting ready to go trick or treating? Not this year.


How about carving a jack-o'-lantern? Possibly. Possibly not.


Might we be horsing around with Hallowe'en tricks? Not likely.












Will we don costumes to greet neighborhood children? No.


Instead of the above,
we'll be doing
what you see below.
Surgery is scheduled
for 7:30 a.m. on
the morning
of 
Hallowe'en.


I've birthed three babies, always in a hospital; had two cataracts removed as an out-patient and the picture above was taken when I had a digestive system malfunction a few years ago. Now it's time to go to the hospital again, for a mastectomy. Not my idea of fun, but a sure way of remembering Hallowe'en, 2011. 

On Hallowe'en the thing you must do
Is pretend that nothing can  frighten you
And if somethin' scares you and you want to run
Just let on like it's Hallowe'en fun.                                                    ~Author Unknown



14 comments:

  1. It's a heck of a way to get the whole family together but I'm glad that we will all be able to be there to offer our support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true - your doctor has a great sence of humor. Glad you have the memories shown to put a happier face on it. Where will you be? Huntington in Pasa or Adventist? Or.

    I'm glad it is fairly soon. Waiting is awful; let's get on with it!

    Your neighbor awaits your return home. #409

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane.....Sucks!! But my goodness, i know you will find a way to enjoy the day!!! A day no woman would ever wish for...so know we all stand in unity to support you. I know my fellow blog friends and most i may never meet. We all love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear Jane my heart goes out to you.
    I am having an endoscopy investigation this week and i am scared !!!!and all that starving before hand oooh will I manage.!!!!
    I do hope all goes well for you, I wish I had words. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least it's not so long to wait - all will be over soon and then you'll be able to start recovering - I'll certainly be thinking of you and of course wishing you all the best.
    I love your picture of the ghoul with the walking frame, that you manage to make me smile during a message like yours is a great talent !
    Take care, eat well and rest as easy as you can,
    Suzan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there, Jane! Praying for a speedy recovery for both you and Bob. Let me know if I can do anything from far away!
    L,
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will be thinking of you Jan and Bob, speedy recovery to you both. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a crappy Halloween trick. Know that we will be holding you in our hearts. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ll sure be thinking of you. What a way to trick or treat,

    Nancy Foster

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay strong Babe! I believe that you do have what it takes to get through the surgery, Bless you ! Hi Max
    A Non Y Mouse aka LaVona

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I will ever go through another Halloween without immediately thinking of you, from here on in, Jane. All the best, and know you will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I already dislike Halloween, now even more so. Sending you a hug, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Jane,

    Bushels of hugs and love to you! You are an amazing woman, and quite an inspiration. I love the quote, AND the way you're handling all of this! Please know I'm right here if you or Bob should need anything.

    OXOXO
    Laurie McFarlane

    ReplyDelete