Wednesday, October 19, 2011

HOLDING MY BREATH

 MOST OF THE DAY was spent in anticipation. After 3 o'clock, I was to call the radiologist to find out the result of the biopsy that was taken yesterday. I tried practicing mind control, but my thoughts kept boomeranging back to what the outcome would be......a single or double mastectomy?


At 3:01 I punched the phone number into my cell phone only to be told that the woman who answered had nothing to report yet, but that she would check with the doctor and get back to me. Minutes ticked by and the only time the phone rang, no one was on the other end (do you get a lot of "ghost calls" like that? We do.)


Three quarters of an hour later, I dared to call again and was put on hold for what seemed a long time before a voice came on to tell me that the mass in the right breast was benign. YES!


Which leaves us with the left breast to donate to science or whatever they do and it's time to go forward and select a date for surgery. 


Meanwhile, Mr. Bob has been experiencing low blood pressure with a resulting further lack of energy. The other morning as he was dressing, I looked over and saw that he'd stopped to take a nap while putting on his trousers. 




When we get  
downstairs he's quite animated, acting like his former self as evidenced by this picture taken with Diana, one of the dining room hostesses.


        He's looking forward to Halloween. 
                         Are you?



15 comments:

  1. "Yes!" for good news. Yes, yes, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news, indeed!
    ~MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jane, what fabulous news! This will sure make it easier for you in SO many ways! Can you sense the huge smile beaming out of my heart from up the hill? Much love to you both, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled for you. Joy joy joy.
    #409

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Good news!Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris just told me the news. Thank you for being so brave and sharing your story with us. You and Bob are in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I am so happy for you that you got that news, Jane. You two are both going to be such role models for me with whatever things I face in the future. Maybe your blog should all go into a book one day. very inspiring. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, do you TRULY know how happy I (and I'm sure I can say WE) feel to hear GOOD NEWS about our Dear Friend. Makes my Heart Happy!

    And, yes, anticipating Halloween is great fun. I am potion ready and my broom is all gassed up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane,
    Please know that our prayers are with you and that Momason, Janet, would love to hear from you. our Mom, without a computer, asks for updates and keeps you both in her heart.
    jill O'Latern

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    A Non Y Mouse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Great news!

    Will you please send your mailing address? I have something I'd like to send you.

    I love the pictures you post of Mr. Bob taking naps, and the one today is my absolute favorite. Thanks for sharing.

    Heres to a successful surgery and treatment.

    Love,
    Lonna

    ReplyDelete
  12. so happy for that news. phew.
    denise f

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please add my "Yahoo"s and "Hurrah"s to all of the above. I know that you take each bit of good news with the joy of spirit that shines within. Thank you again for teaching us all how to face life's difficult times with hope and dignity. T.O.Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness...I posted and it is not here!! I too loved Bob' napping pic and those glasses i "made" tons of my workers put on for my pleasure in picture taking.... I stand tall in you corner with all the others!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! Great news!

    Will you please send your mailing address? I have something I'd like to send you.

    I love the pictures you post of Mr. Bob taking naps, and the one today is my absolute favorite. Thanks for sharing.

    Heres to a successful surgery and treatment.

    Love,
    Lonna

    ReplyDelete