Wednesday, May 25, 2011

LITTLE READERS

I GET UP SOME MORNINGS without any idea of what to write about and I'm sure you'll agree that some days what I end up writing is hardly worthwhile. I know myself well enough to know that if I skip a few days, there's every chance I won't get back to it and this whole blogging thing will be over.

The first thing I do when my laptop is settled in what's left of my lap is to check the mail and today there was a flickr letter showing that someone had marked one of my photos as a "favorite". Curious about who it was, I went to her account where I found a remarkable slideshow of pictures of young readers.

The collection shows so well how lost one can get within the covers of a book. The right book (different for each reader) opens another world and I can't help but feel sorrow for the people who haven't yet discovered the wonder.


"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. 
Love of books is the best of all."
                          — Jacqueline Kennedy

3 comments:

  1. Can you imagine a day, as some believe will happen, when books will not be "opened", but most read on a reader machine!! Oh my ........I love the pages of a book and the feel in my hands. Hard to be leave i can grab some tea and cozy up with a hand held machine?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the many hours spent at the LaCrescenta library as a child. I can still remember the smell of those books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet photo. I remember when I got my first library card: it was a huge day for me.

    ReplyDelete